Creativity is part of our genetic makeup and springs forth from the depths of our intrinsic being which is inherently intelligent. It is not a special possession of certain people but deposited in each of us. Our creativity is inexhaustible, it’s just that for a lot of us, our creative zeal hides under a huge pile of the mundane monotony of earning our daily living and for some, neglect and the negative perception of self and criticism leads to the inability to allow their creativity to blossom.
When we connect with our deeper selves, we are able to let go of our egotistical limited way of perception and move into more receptive ways that show abundance, creativity, harmony, and innovation.
We are actually able to intentionally trigger our creative juices through cultivating certain habits, practice and nurturing for it to grow.
The internal hindrance that limits your creativity is addressed through simple and effective techniques outlined below.
Practical ways to unleash your creativity from within.
- Stop limiting your sense of being and expand the scope of your understanding of who you are. You must free yourself from your restricted perception of who you are. Recognizing and acknowledging that you have infinite potentials helps you accept this as part of your nature and working from this perception creates an intrinsic sense of well-being which taps into the creativity that stems from your true self.
- Expand the coast of your thinking. Create space for new thoughts and perceptions and change the fixed patterns of self-limiting thoughts. Close ended thought patterns such as; I can’t, I don’t know, it’s not possible; when faced with challenges create negative energy and negative self-fulfilling prophecy. Be more forthcoming with open-ended statements and thoughts like; I’ll figure this out, there’s always a way, are there better solutions to this problem? These are more positive mantras that with repetition settles in your mind. Allow yourself periods of silence to meditate and engage in other activities that are a departure from your mundane routine. As your perception expands to fresh stimuli enjoy the process and allow your inspiration or solutions to emerge naturally.
- Have set intentions. What are your intentions for tapping into your deeper self to release your intrinsic creativity? Awareness of your intentions and creative targets must be clear to you. Have the vision that you aim to achieve and keep reaffirming your vision. Inspiration rises better when you are fully conscious of your desired intentions.
- Embrace your uniqueness and your quirky self. Acknowledge and accept yourself as a unique being that has a creative role to play that no one else can fulfill. An audience that will appreciate your contributions will equally emerge.
- See challenges as opportunities to improve. Get into the habit of interpreting challenges as opportunities for growth, to do better, to learn. When your mind is more attuned to viewing the problem from a positive angle, you are better placed to consciously seek solutions.
- Give of yourself. Share your skills and personal gifts with others to make their life more meaningful. This is not necessarily by giving material gifts, but the service of your time, being a listening ear, a source of wisdom or encouragement. You get by giving and giving of yourself dissolves the limiting self-centered focus while tapping into the power of unity.
Hopefully, as you consciously cultivate this awareness and habits, you will open doors to inspired creativity from the profound depth of your being.
Are there other ways you believe could help someone to breach the internal barrier to their creativity? Do share with us and join us as we explore how to unleash our creative juice through external channels.